WHAT IS A DOULA?
For centuries and across all cultures, women have been supporting other women through pregnancy, in childbirth and during postpartum healing and support. The world "Doula" comes from the Greek word meaning "women's servant" - and today a Doula is a professional in childbirth who gives educational, physical and emotional support to a woman prenatally, during labor and/or postpartum.
KATHERINE MARIVELLE DOULA SERVICES
Certified through Carriage House Birth, Katherine Marivelle is servicing families in the five boroughs and parts of Long Island and New Jersey
As Your Doula:
-Available via call/text/email for emotional and informational support
- 2 Prenatal Visits
* Preliminary - To get to know each other and build the foundation of our relationship. Once this relationship is established you will feel confident that as your Doula, my main concern is YOU and that I will be by your side every step of the way through to labor and birth.
Things we will discuss: Stages of Pregnancy, Childbirth Education, Family Planning, Your Birth Preferences, Postpartum
* 36-37 Weeks - Closer to your estimated due date we will meet again to discuss in detail your final birth preferences. We will go through logistics in the case of alternative scenarios, as we must accept that birth can be unpredictable, as a part of your birth team I want to be fully aware of your wishes so I can properly advocate for your care during your journey through labor and birth. As a part of this meeting I also like to check in on your emotional state and offer any support I can provide or refer you for specialist support.
Thing we will discuss: Final Details in Birth Preferences, Emotional and Physical State, Postpartum Support, Importance of the Fourth Trimester
- 24/7 on-call ready to attend your birth from 37 weeks until delivery
- Attend your labor and birth while providing continuous emotional and physical support. I will hold space for you when you need me, and if your partner is present I will provide support to them and will surely step back when I see that I am not needed when your birth partner is providing you the support you need (we are your birth TEAM!)
- Stay with you 1-2 hours after baby is born. I make sure to help you settle in comfortably after birth for your first skin-to-skin, assist with first breastfeeding and anything else you and your family may need
- One postpartum visit within the first week after delivery. I always bring a nutritious meal as this is a vital time for healing and help you with any immediate light household help to make sure you have a comfortable sanctuary. I provide emotional support, assistance with infant feeding and care - and whatever you and your family needs in this transition in finding your rhythm with baby! If any further postpartum/lactation/ support is needed I will happily refer you to a specialist in the field!
For a Preliminary Phone Call and/or Free In-Person Consultation
Contact Katherine Marivelle
Call or Text: (646)596-4213
Fill out the form!